Hey guys, I know its been a while since I have posted so I decided to do a rather light and easy post to get back in the swing of things. Today’s post is about my obsession with using Pinterest as a recipe source and what my favorite recipes have been so far – I hope you enjoy and I would love if you commented with links to your favorite Pinterest recipes!
I love my Pinterest app. I think other than What’s App, It is the most frequented app that I have on my phone. I love that I can search for whatever I am in the mood to cook and I get literally an endless amount of recipes to skim through. One of my favorite parts of my Sunday mornings (or Mondays when I am behind my game) is taking the time to sit down and write out what I am going to cook for the week, using my Pinterest app to look up saved recipes and find new ones. I would say that there is rarely ever a week of meal planning when I do not look up and try a new recipe. Of course this opens the door for recipe flops because I don’t know how it will turn out, if Zach will like it or not, etc. But, its a hobby of mine to try new recipes out and I do LOVE to cook (its peaceful-most of the time) so I am willing to take that risk.
As of now I have 188 pins for recipes (from about 3 years of using Pinterest to plan my meals). I am definitely not an over-pinner, I will only pin recipes that I am 90% sure that I will make and I do often scroll through my board a remake favorites.
So what have I been up to lately on my Pinterest app? My recent searches have been:
- Banana bread recipe My sister posted about banana bread cookies so I obviously had to then make banana bread (#cravings). Best Easy Banana Bread
- Salad with bacon Bacon is expensive over here so I was looking to not just cook it up and eat it but for a way to incorporate in into a large dish that would give me the most bang for my buck, and it did! BLT Pasta Salad
- Lentil Soup One of the FIRST lentil soup recipes that I have eaten and continued to eat for left-overs not only because it was the only thing in the fridge (meaning I am willingly looking forward to eating the leftovers of this soup. Golden Coconut Lentil Soup
My All-Time Pinterest Favorites:
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowls (sometimes I just use the marinade recipe for chicken)
- Pasta Salad with Roasted Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Goat Cheese & Guacamole Burgers
- Autumn Kale Apple & Quinoa Salad
- Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
- 5 Ingredient Easy Chili
- Tortellini Tomato Soup (Zach’s favorite to eat and make himself!)
- One Pan Mexican Quinoa (I used to make this on a weekly basis)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup (Oh I am really starting to miss my crockpot!)
- Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
- Mom’s Taco Salad
- Roasted Vegetable Mac and Cheese
What is I Pinned but still haven’t made:
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad & Mango Avocado Salsa (all of my favorite foods)
- Caprese Chicken Salad with Asparagus, Avocado, and Bacon
- Peanut Pineapple Thai Chicken Satay
- Spicy Brazillian Burrito Bowls
- Southwestern Lentil and Brown Rice Bake
- Zucchini Herbed Ricotta Flatbread (I just don’t have the right ingredients here in Lebanon so I use substitutions and it just wasn’t good…)
- Sicilian Baked Eggs with Artichokes, Burrata (I substituted mozzarella) and Spinach – Zach hated it even though I thought it was cultural and delicious
- Several lentil soup recipes that just aren’t enough substance for a meal for Zach. He usually will end up eating two bowls of cereal just to fill himself up so while I realize that I am a dietitian and should just LOVE lentils….I don’t have many good recipes that use them yet
*This may be actually good recipes and I just messed them up somehow with substitutions, etc. They may work for you, I am just sharing that they weren’t what Zach and I were wanting for a dinner recipe.
I also use Pinterest to look up hair styles, workouts, home projects, etc. Feel free to scroll through my folders. Again – not an over-pinner, but I like to think that my pins are high quality
Please comment below to share your favorite Pinterest recipe!